Thread: DOSBox AGA/RTG
View Single Post
Old 02 September 2021, 01:19   #118
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
i continue to have the same problems: ESC key close Dosbox window. Some keys crash program and i have reset AmigaOS. After some try, i found that this problem is only on window mode. In Fullscreen is ok. But why? ESC function should be the same both in fullscreen that in window.
When i mount cdrom, i cannot access to the device because dosbox crash when i press ":"
That's strange, I'm sure it's all working on my setup (I'll test it again and do a quick video).

Maybe it's just your setup? It's impossible to code anything like DOSBox and get it running for everyone's setup unfortunately....just too many variables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
I remember Lost Eden being announced for the CD32 and CU Amiga featuring a preview of it, then being completely gutted when it never materilized along with several other promised games.

My CD32 is now equipped with a V1200, anyone know if Vampire/RTG might be enough for it to be playable?
Give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
I have a V1200.
So, MegaRace works with DOSBox RTG incl. ISO mount?!

This would be absolutely amazing!

Do you have a config file?
Never tried it on the Amiga so far...
Yes it will work and the ISO mount too

Only problem you will have is with performance.

I recommend the following setup to anyone who tries this port on either an overclocked 060 or an FPGA computer like the Vampire:

1) Use the Simple core
2) Set the fixed cycles very low to start with, something like 600
3) Disable sound blaster etc emulation
4) Start the game you want to play in window mode and then use the 'hot keys' to change the cycles (up or down) to get the best possible cycle rate for the game you are trying to play
5) When you find the best number, you can update the config file with the new cycles value and then restart in full screen mode (or just switch to full screen mode with ALT+ENTER)

Because DOSBox is so slow on 68K, you will be better off playing CGA/EGA/VGA adventure or strategy games...something slower paced.
Anything fast paced like a racing or platform game or anything in SVGA is a big no-no unless you are using WinUAE.

Last edited by NovaCoder; 02 September 2021 at 01:30.

Page generated in 0.04802 seconds with 11 queries