View Single Post
Old 24 August 2019, 15:40   #11
drluking

news:

update the cyberstorm firmware (from 44.69 to last one 44.71), but nothing is changed about AmigaOS4.1FE, these are details:

NO IDE (hd and cdrom) connected.

Terminator_Active <---- HD IBM 9gb (TermPower jumper ON, Autospin Jumper ON) SCSI ID0 ---- Controller cybppc 44.71 SCSI ID7 ----> CDROM HP with adapter upper byte active and Active terminated SCSI ID1

1) I put the AmigaOS4.1FE boot floppy disk, and CD AmigaOS4.1FE in the CDROM SCSI HP.
2) A4000 boot from the floppy drive and load the scsi.device update for A4000 and reboot correctly
3) A4000 boot again from the floppy drive and correctly access to the CD AmigaOS4.1FE in the CDROM SCSI HP and load perfectly the new AmigaOS4.1FE kickstart and reboot
4) now I have the new Kickstart AmigaOS4.1FE output video: "AmigaOS 4 Kernel (Kickstart Version 53.70) Copyright (C) 1985-2014 Hyperion Entertaiment CVBA and others All Rights Reserved" with the red and white boing bag logo and floppy disk logo -->>> if now I put again the AmigaOS4.1FE boot floppy disk It boot again from floppy drive BUT at the end I have this requester:

"Please insert volume AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition: in any drive
Process: 6 "CD"
Retry - Assign - Mount -Cancel"

Ok this is the situation ... at this point cyberstormppc SCSI controller (when It's run the new AmigaOS4.1FE Kickstart and its module cybppc.device.kmod) is NO more usable.
I think it's a software problem of the cybppc.device.kmod od OS4.1FE ... any idea ? (there is also the cybppc.device.config file with default settings)
OR ... ??? (cyberstormppc with no original 180/200/233 is no usable ?)

If I press then ALT+ALT+CTRL (to clear AmigaOS4.1FE Kickstart) and insert AmigaOS3.9 emergency disk in floppy drive and AmigaOS3.9 CD in the HP CDROM SCSI, AMigaOS3.9 will run correctly again.

I have read now these very interesting posts online http://forum.hyperion-entertainment....=1342&start=40 :

cit:
"Flare wrote:
problem solved...
someone did an upgrade from my csppc to 366 mhz cpu and scsi problem is also gone..
im happy now..
thx for help

You are very lucky your SCSI still works reliably under OS 4.x after upgrading your PPC cpu. I had stachu upgrade mine as well, probably to the same CPU as yours, and now my SCSI locks under OS 4.x. It was an older CS PPC revision I gave to him - perhaps I should have given him a newer one to do. There were several revisions of the CSPPC board and some of the chips on it that are not documented very well or even visible to see."

so no way to solve this problem ? (if I can use uwscsi hd in DMA is better then IDE PIO0 and I can use SWAP partition, not usable in IDE)

Last edited by drluking; 24 August 2019 at 16:53.

Page generated in 0.04624 seconds with 11 queries