Thread: M1438 Pictures
View Single Post
Old 15 February 2021, 14:21   #23
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrorepair View Post
That's the third version I've seen of this board! It looks quite different to mine in a lot of places but it would seem the circuit is actually very similar, just a different layout.

The cap values are invaluable, thank you for that! I'll update if I can get this thing doing what I want it to

Regarding your tube that's bad luck, I would usually suspect the tube last. Sounds like one of the guns has had it.

You can get (quite expensive now) a tube rejuvenator but you may be better off sourcing an Acorn AFK-50 monitor as the tube should match. Actually they are good for spares as they are almost the same monitor.
Luck had it that the same day I did this at my friend's house I had also brought another CRT I had bought (which I decided not to keep) for 10€. It was an offbrand CRT (Yang / Colorsonic) and while leaving my friend suggested to crack it open and... Voilà, it was the same exact tube as the Microvitec!

I did a tube swap and it has now been working for a few days with no issue. Fingers crossed that it will stay like that

If I knew about this before I might have avoided purchasing another 1438s

I hope those infos will be useful to you

Page generated in 0.09447 seconds with 11 queries