View Single Post
Old 05 February 2021, 06:49   #18
d4rk3lf

K240 - The Overlooked Gem

Since my youth, and my first starting of this game, where I didn't know anything about how to play it (I had cracked copy with no manual), I was very intrigued by a vast number of options and looks (graphics are simplified, but it have that sort of old school sci fi design, that have it's own charm).

Slowly but surely, and with lot's of trials and errors, I figured out what many options meant, and how to play it, and was very excited.

Recently, I revisited this game, and was expecting to maybe become somewhat disappointed, after all this years... BUT NO! The game is still awesome to play, and with a few little changes, I think it could pass like a very playable game even by todays standards.
I think I know now 99% of the game mechanics (back then I knew much less (but still enjoyed it very much).

Right now, I am very struggling with Tylaran Empire (second medium), and had something like 6-7 unsuccessful attempts (even using, sort of cheat-ish buying asteroid engines and hurling my asteroids into them, didn't help). They are freaking strong, and once they start attacking your asteroids they don't stop until you're doomed. They defeated some of my strongest fleets that had Terminator ships, with pretty expensive equipment).
So any advice is welcome.

Personally, I think this game is heavily underrated, and it deserves fame of Civilization, Dune, Settlers... etc.

What do you guys think?
And if someone wants to give it a try, I am willing to help understand the concept of it.

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 05 February 2021 at 12:34.

Page generated in 0.05812 seconds with 11 queries