View Single Post
Old 30 May 2017, 21:02   #33
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy lateur View Post
I've considered all kinds of stuff, including StormC, since I happen to have the Developer CD 2.1. I've read a lot of good recommendations for especially SAS/C, and also vbcc. Just trying to narrow it down..
What hardware will you be using to compile? SAS/C is best for a low spec Amiga and is not difficult to obtain. Vbcc is easy to install and try but anything but small projects will need a beefier Amiga. It can be setup to cross compile from a faster and more modern computer. StormC v4 is ok if you like IDEs (also Cubic IDE) and have the resources for it. It uses an old but good version of GCC (not true of v3). GCC is a pain to install on a real Amiga but the older versions (2.95.3 and 3.4.0) work fine with older code. Newer versions may be too heavy and may have problems on a real Amiga but GCC is one of the best cross compilers available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post
Has anyone built GCC6 for real hardware? I was tempted but never tried.
Cross compiling these days should not be a problem. It builds under Linux and IIRC CygWin.
It would be awesome if bebbo could make a new GCC 6 install for real Amigas but that is probably a ways away and it would likely be too heavy for most hardware.

Page generated in 0.07141 seconds with 11 queries