View Single Post
Old 28 November 2023, 03:50   #15
Snoopy1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoOne View Post
Does anyone know an alternative way to "hide" the boot process?
I've been using SysPic to display a plain black image so that I don't have to see when IPrefs changes the resolution/loads a background image and such. But it feels like I'm using an too powerful piece of software to achieve, what seems to be, a simple task.

I've found http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/BlackScreen which just opens a simple black screen. But it has some issues. Mainly it doesn't matter where I put it in my startup-sequence the Workbench screen still shows up. And since the screen has no name, I have not found a way to recreate SysPic's ClosePic function which I could put in WBStartup.
I tried some other tools which can open screens but they seem to have the same issue with the Workbench screen still showing up. Plus they aren't really easily to configure to show a black screen.
If shell is showing during boot, you could try renaming the startup-sequence, and create startup-sequence with "execute newname >NIL:" as the only command. It might then all run in the background?

If Workbench is showing before a desired program when loaded would Loadwb >NIL: hide it?

Page generated in 0.04430 seconds with 11 queries