View Single Post
Old 15 June 2018, 16:53   #40
solidcore

Yep can't wait for these boards then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I would prefer the expansion connector to be gold-plated or it will not be very reliable in the long run.

Pretty much every new creation is based on some previous work. And they surely did not put a 10x markup on it, not even if you put a zero value on their time spent (which would not be fair). I doubt they paid much less then 20$ per board and selling them for 60$ is only 3x which is quite different from 10x..
I wasn't saying the board itself was 100$ at the time, it was 40,00 Euro which is just shy of 50$ , what I mean is but try getting it for less than 100$ now , so far I've not had a price anywhere near 50$ offered to me, I suppose that's because the gerbers are not open source and nobody wants to let go of them, Perhaps when I say '10x' markup I'm on about buying one today vs the real cost of a PCB, gold plating does increase price and you can appreciate it would last longer but I was talking about 'minimal costs' (but not dirtypcb), not maximum costs which will be as high as you can find it . Sorry to confuse.

Edit: Saying that even 13$ each for a 2 layer gold pcb at them dimensions for 10 units.

I look forward to a Gerber a500+ if those behind that project are kind enough to change their minds about releasing the files since it's benefiting nobody right now being on a hard disk, however if there is no change soon I'll probably put some time into this and sell them at cost, yep no profits. I'll even release the schematic, as it wont just be a 1:1 board copy, it'll be a schematic, board and gerber release if I have anything to do with it. Legal matters would have to be considered however but disregarding that, yep the files would be free to download as well.

Last edited by solidcore; 15 June 2018 at 17:28.

Page generated in 0.04240 seconds with 11 queries