View Single Post
Old 05 December 2010, 23:06   #43
mrbob2

I think one point your forgetting is that the amiga was the A500 and A1200.

Whenever a new version came out, everyone only asked 1 question, is it going to be compatible with my old games? Everyone and myself included wanted a system that could run alien breed II a bit faster yet maintain compatibility with old games. To release a new amiga that could do doom would be to change a lot of the hardware, then when tomb raider came out it would need another overhaul and you could just keep releasing a new computer every 2 years or whenever a better technical game came along. Within 5 years the amiga we knew and love would no longer be an amiga, it would have simply transformed into a pc. Intel are a massive company that focus on processors, nvidia/ATI focus on gfx cards and (i cant think of one at the mo) xx company foucs on sound cards so theres no waycommodore could afford to develop all of those things.

The amiga was a computer IN a keybord, nowadays its a computer in a tower. The amiga would just have become another brand of pc like HP, Dell, Compaq etc

There would be nothing that you could call an amiga anymore so the Amiga in essence was past of history, not future.

Its like saying what if sinclair released a spectrum with 5mb of ram and hard drive, it makes no difference as these systems were the begining of the computer rollercoaster, no one knew how things would pan out in the future, how games would go from being 2 weeks of coding in someones bedroom to multimillion dollar hollywood blockbusters

One thing i have noticed is that theres no real love or nostaligia these days with modern tech. How many 360 owners look back fondly at XBOX games, how many ps3 owners chat on PSX forums about how good cyber sled was.

Amigas never had red ring of death or dead lasers, i can guarantee il be firing my A1200 up in 10 years time for a bash on SWOS.

The amiga may not have the technical power of even modern day phones, yet it has something that todays tech will never have.....

The Love from owners lucky enough to share the magic over decades of happiness

Page generated in 0.07934 seconds with 11 queries