View Single Post
Old 28 August 2020, 11:39   #19
walkero

@CmdrAmiga
Congrats for the fine video and your intention to make more. I really like that and I am looking forward to see more of them.

From this video I missed the depth of the tests. As others said, measuring filesystem performance is has to be done with many different aspects.

Let mention some of them:
- Copy files, as you did, but it is better these to be done from RAM. I don't know were this SRC: mount is, if this is an other partition on the same SD
- When you archive/dearchive a folder, it would be nice to have a measure the same process on Ram, which will show the potential of the machine (CPU, Ram speed etc.)
- I would like to see comparison on opening a folder on WB with, let's say, 100 files. How much time will each FS to show them in text mode (no precached)
- Also, I missed CPU measures on simple tasks, i.e. while you copy from Ram to each FS partition. You can provide an average usage.
- Multitasking, as Gulliver mentioned, is necessary to be measured. For example, while you do the copy of the files, try to open a jpg image with multiview and get the time needed. You can also use an app to convert a aiff file to mp3, or something similar. This should be done on Ram, so you won't get wrong measurements because of the IDE bandwidth.

And something that is totally my opinion and feel free to ignore it if you want. I would like to listen you giving some extra information about each FS, how it works and the differences between them. Then talk about how did you get those measures, what you did to be sure that they are accurate, I mean what methodology did you follow, what are the machine specifications. And finally show some graphs based on your measurements, comparing the two FS in depth.

Page generated in 0.04377 seconds with 11 queries