View Single Post
Old 03 January 2008, 21:47   #18
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
I have also seen Mitsumi PC keyboards with a similar mechanism as the Amiga, complete with rubber cups. I'd actually need one for my sinister plans, but I'm yet to source one. :-)
A-ha!

The keyboard has been procured and one part of the sinister plan has come to fruition!

As you can see, C-128 keycaps and plungers fit perfectly into the Mitsumi PS/2 keyboard chassis. (I'm typing this on the keyboard in the pictures)

The keyboard itself is a based on the A500/600/1200 style plastic membrane with A2/3/400-esque rubber cup springs.. Gives the nice feel but has the cheap construction.

The key spacing is naturally 100% the same as with an Amiga or C-128 keyboard, the keys are at the same angle and the feeling is 100% the same. If you are a fast typist on an Amiga keyboard, you'll feel right at home with this Mitsumi.

As you can see, they only used three of the little screws to hold the bottom plate together. :-) If you dismantle an Amiga keyboard, you probably don't REALLY need to screw all them in there either, just secure a few key points so that the base plate makes an even contact with the mechanism plate.

If you have broken C-128s sitting around like me, you can easily make a good emulation keyboard such as this. I however will not be wasting this effort on mere emulation... ;-)

Last edited by Jope; 18 January 2009 at 11:44.

Page generated in 0.04185 seconds with 11 queries