View Single Post
Old 11 October 2007, 21:17   #1
planetidiot

Unhappy Amiga formatted zip disks via USB zip drive in WinUAE?

I was hoping this would be as easy as checking "Add PC drives at startup" and browsing to the drive with an Amiga formatted zip disk in it, but the drive just makes an unhappy noise and nothing happens. I'm using AmigaInABox r10c with the "Games" configuration.

I just want to get the data off these disks (if they're even still readable) or attempt to repair them if they aren't. I looked into having them recovered professionally, but a disk recovery service I asked with said it would cost over a thousand dollars to get the data off, and I just don't have that kind of cash laying around.

I'd use the old Amiga 1200 to get the data off, but it apparently stopped working while in storage for the past 7 or 8 years. No lights, nothing.

So here's REALLY hoping I can get to them through WinUAE. Anybody have any ideas on what might help?

These disks are of high sentimental value. One of them has the only backup of my deceased brother's hard drive on it. He'd programmed games for Dark Unicorn Productions, and I'd like to release some of his stuff into the public domain. I can't even FIND a non-demo copy of "It's the Pits" on the net.

EDIT: I tried adding the drive through "Add Hard Drive..." It did show up in the list. I tried to create a hard disk image, but I get "Hard drive image file creation failed. Error code 4:0."

If I click Add hard drive instead of Create hard disk image file, the zip drive shows up in the list of Devices with an X next to it, instead of a *. The Volume is n/a and the Block size is 0. If I reset the emulation, it does not show up on the desktop.

Last edited by planetidiot; 11 October 2007 at 21:23.

Page generated in 0.04781 seconds with 11 queries