View Single Post
Old 30 December 2022, 18:53   #5
Mikeywikey
Kickstart Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
Fantastic! The idea for this is just great and for me quite useful for creating custom roms, like I usually do with Remus

I believe it is just me and have tried too shortly (10 min) but I was expecting to dissect/edit existing roms, changing some of its module and saving it.

The thing is that I am not able to load any rom. When opening from the GUI Object browser and mapping a the Capitoline Hashes folder it seems not to load them.

I am able to create an empty rom with the desired size and layout (juicy you have already foreseen even the CD32 one) but then how I am supposed to put the modules in there?

Again, it is just me not knowing how to use that and doing something wonky, but what would be the right approach? Should we create a new rom and then add/replace the KS modules?

Many thanks for the tool
Yea, so first off, obviously no ROMs are included, so copy them into the ROMs directory before you start Capitoline, it only reads the directories when it first starts up - it's clunky I know, I really should make it more dynamic!
Once you have copied your ROMs into the ROM directory, then click on [Select Folder], and choose the directory that contains the Capitoline Hashes/Components/ROMs/Licence Keys, you'll then be able to browse the ROMs folder using the [Object browser] tab.
If you add more ROMs, it's probably best to close and re-open the tool, the reason for this is that it needs to analyse all the files you have, this can take some time if you have loads of ROMs as it does a CRC32 hash to identify all files - so dont put massive files in here, just kickstarts.
I think I'm gonna do a quick YouTube video, as it's not as intuitive as I thought - appreciate the feedback.

Page generated in 0.04495 seconds with 11 queries