View Single Post
Old 03 February 2022, 10:45   #15
amigaformortals

Thanks for all the interest. I'll answer a few of the points, but if you have any other questions, please do drop me a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWay View Post
If I might have a bit of opinion,
it would be nice with a design that had a slanted front that would hopefully be more ergonomic. That would probably be a larger and more expensive design, but one that would interest me.

In particular something very close to "The Arcade Professional" would be cool.
I do have an option of a larger sloped enclosure. It is a bit of a beast, but lends itself well to a 'fight stick' style joystick. I plan to build a CD32 stick into one of those enclosures very soon as a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
Why does it say you need a 3rd party interface to use it on a CD32?

If it runs on the A500, A600, then surely it will run in two button mode on the CD32 ?!?
Yes indeed the two-button stick does work on the CD32, the 3rd party interface is something that I am using to build full seven-button CD32 sticks. I am currently finishing off my first prototype of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
are all arcade part based joysticks like this in that it's easy to miss the direction more?
It's not something I have personally noticed. All of the arcade sticks I have looked at use four microswitches that are individually pressed by an actuator on the joystick shaft. I have upgraded the actuator on a couple of Sanwa sticks that reduces the engagement travel distance, so you may find that helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
£100 plus postage just too steep for me. Although I appreciate made by yourself and the time and work that goes into making them.
I appreciate the cost is fairly high, but the cost of the parts is a significant portion of this and they are all custom built by hand, so it simply wouldn't be viable for me to build them for any less.

Page generated in 0.07917 seconds with 11 queries