View Single Post
Old 01 July 2002, 09:42   #61
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DPainter
Good detective work, there. I am assuming there was not a stand-alone Boulderdash game by First Star on Amiga. My reasoning is that Boulderdash (Emerald Mine) was so popular on Amiga that if there had been a stand-alone from the official company, it would be plastered all over the Amiga scene. May not be correct, but that's my guess.

One official First Star version of Boulderdash released by Mastertronic on the Amiga was Rockford from the Arcadia arcade machines (which were powered by Amigas).

Check out the Boulderdash history on the First Star website:

www.firststarsoftware.com

HISTORY

BOULDER DASH was first published by First Star in 1984 on the C-64, Apple II and Atari 4/800. After the original BOULDER DASH, the second game, BOULDER DASH 2 was combined with BOULDER DASH and published by Electronic Arts as SUPER BOULDER DASH™. They sold just under 100,000 units on C-64, Apple II, IBM-CGA and Atari 4/800 from 1986-87. The BOULDER DASH CONSTRUCTION KIT™ was published in North America by EPYX on the C-64, Apple II, IBM-CGA , Atari ST and Atari 4/800 from 1987- 88. It was also licensed for sale throughout the world including Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and Japan on MSX, NEC and various disk and cartridge platforms unique to these territories.

In addition BOULDER DASH or its derivatives have been released four times into the coin-operated arcades: twice by Data East (1985 & 1991), once by EXIDY and once by Mastertronics/Arcadia Systems as ROCKFORD™. Mastertronics also published floppy versions of ROCKFORD on C-64, Spectrum, IBM-CGA & EGA, Atari ST and Amiga

Page generated in 0.04390 seconds with 11 queries