Thread: Bugs & fixes
View Single Post
Old 02 July 2013, 10:54   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

You're not using the latest version. Unless you really have a reason not to, the "enable auto updates" is required so I can fix bugs easily.

With the latest version it pops up the message "Out of memory. Are you sure your tile dimensions are set to sensible values in the Tile Ripper tab? The current map is trying to be 262144 x 1024 pixels"

(It is failing to allocate 1 gig of RAM. The DIB handler message is a built-in one that I can't change easily as it's the image component I'm using).

Please choose "Help/Check for Updates" and grab the latest version.

The real problem can easily be fixed though, just choose "16 x 16" from the "Actual Tile Size" dropdown menu as that is what your tiles are. Currently with your settings Maptapper is trying to use 4096 x 16 pixel tiles which take the 1 gig of RAM.

I would also advise you to use the rearrange option so you don't end up with an enormously wide strip. Tick "Rearrange" and choose "16 x 16" tiles arranged 1 x 1 and set the Rip Width to 256 or 320 or something more sensible. Then you'll end up with a nice grid of the tiles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leander.png
Views:	602
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	35861  

Last edited by Codetapper; 02 July 2013 at 11:05. Reason: Added best-use screenshot :)

Page generated in 0.04584 seconds with 12 queries