View Single Post
Old 19 July 2017, 16:51   #92
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
If fan noise were a thing, Apple Macs wouldn't have gained such traction in the studio. Even slightly raising their workload causes the fans to blow, and if my 2015 MBP is anything to go by, it sounds like a jet engine

PCs aren't much better either...
Much truth here. Those Powermac G5s and the Mac Pros that came after it are a noisefest. I love my G5 in the studio but I hate the noise it makes. Yet they are to be found in every studio. Portables are no good either.
I don't usually make music with an Amiga monitor on, but I have to say I don't really mind it much. It's worse when the signal is off but if you have an image displayed, it's OK. Some people are more sensitive to the hum though.

In any case, I can understand how the Atari ST or a Mac Classic would have been better on a studio, but not because they could be used with higher refresh monitors, but because they had CUBASE, and the Amiga didn't. That's your killer deal there. Who cares if the MIDI ports are internal or you need an adapter, if the monitor is 15 or 30 Khz, the deal-breaker here is Cubase.

So if we are to complain about what Amiga didn't do right from the beginning, that probably was, not teaming up with more cool, innovative software companies on launch day to get the killers apps exclusively on Amiga. We got Deluxe Paint, but music-wise, we only got Aegis Sonix :/

Page generated in 0.04244 seconds with 11 queries