Thread: Tf1260
View Single Post
Old 16 March 2021, 18:50   #232
ubermick

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the goings on around this card.

Like many, I wanted one and was looking forward to their release. Like many, I was gutted to hear the plug got pulled on them. I thought - purely from the few snippets I'd heard here and there - that he was overreacting. But honestly, I read through the last few pages of this thread and can completely understand why.

What people seem to forget is that this is a guy designing these in his spare room. This isn't TerribleFire Inc.™ demanding money. This project was a dedicated volunteer, being helped by other volunteers, doing this not for profit but to help people out. People ranting and raving, waving their hypothetical wads of cash around shouting "LOOK I HAVE MONEY, THIS IS A DISGRACE" are so wide of the mark, they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. If the guff yer man a few pages back was spouting is a sample of what he's been putting up with, I agree with Stephen 100%. Eff the begrudgers.

Think of it this way. You're at the pub and someone at the bar forgot his wallet. Being a decent sort, you pay for their beer and get back to your friends. What you'd expect is a "cheers, I'll get you one next time I see you" and that be that. What you WOULDN'T expect would be for them to follow you around the rest of the night demanding over and over and over when the next one is coming. Or for a group of other random people to start harassing you because they'd heard you were good for a pint.

And that doesn't even begin to touch on the fact that people were taking his open sourced designs, producing boards, and claiming them as their work.

I'm absolutely disgusted on his behalf.

Page generated in 0.06335 seconds with 11 queries