View Single Post
Old 08 March 2021, 01:33   #142
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukkoPera View Post
@Lemaru: thanks for the notice, I saw he got a ton of bad reviews on his FB page. I feel a bit sorry because he had started with the right foot as far as I understand, by building nice projects and selling them correctly. Then he started self-attributing stuff and that's where he had it all go wrong. He could have just added a "Brought to you by Donny" line and it would all have been fine. But removing credits and, more importantly, license claim and project URL is definitely a no-no.
No worries. I hate it when people take the piss. If ever modify anyone's design, or use part of it for something I have created (be it a 3D model or PCB), I always leave credit on stuff. And put a mention/thanks on GitHub and Thingiverse pages. Those who do the work deserve the credit. At most I may add "Assembled by Lemaru" somewhere on the board if it's something I have assembled, just to differentiate ones I have built from others, which also helps when it comes to supporting stuff.

What this guy's doing is wrong, so wouldn't feel sorry for him at all.

I notice his Facebook page has now been taken down, and he has removed his page from showing in Google listings as that was getting bad reviews too.

There's alot of comments on my post on Facebook, and everyone's in agreement that he's in the wrong. He's started blocking everyone who comments on anything.

If he wasn't guilty of doing it, then he should defend himself, else he just looks more guilty.

Page generated in 0.04968 seconds with 11 queries