View Single Post
Old 01 May 2021, 11:00   #11
Rissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarmon View Post
Are the disks you are using OK?

You need to make sure that the written disk is clean and has no errors.
I'm pretty sure. I'm limiting myself now to just concentrating my results on the one disk. I've successfully used this disk with quite a few scrapings of other disks, and they work with that disk in the Amiga no problem. I've also tried formatting this same disk with the "initialise" function in WB and it reprorted no problems with the disk either.

Quote:
Always read the image back and check in HxC Floppy Emulator Software to see if there are any errors. Show the read back image here.
I've been using the emulator which is part of Amiga Forever. I think it's this one?: https://www.winuae.net/ Which is also accessible separately on my laptop without going through AF, although it appears differently. I've found both to work the same, except for the front end being different, and ive tried the same scraping files on each and both behave the same.

Quote:
Also, I find that wiping the disk with a strong neodynium magnet before writing the image can help shift some stubborn magnetic media issues, if any.
I've got some here, a stack of them, and ive tried this too before writing to the disk.

Quote:
Share your SCP image so that I can try writing them to disk and see if it works for me.
I'll set up a drop box folder and put stuff in there and send you the link privately.

Thank you.

Page generated in 0.08592 seconds with 11 queries