View Single Post
Old 14 November 2013, 20:31   #71
Sim085

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Did you run RDBrecov in WinUAE, too? As you might remember from the first page of this thread, WinUAE sees a different size of the card than the real Amiga, therefore the image made by WinUAE does not match the real card.
GREAT NEWS! Managed to get my files back

I tried the latest version of RDBrecov in WinUAE and this worked like a charm (see first attachment). Note that this says CylSectors 4033. I then went to HDToolBox. Selected "Change Drive Type", then "Define New" and finally "Read Configuration". Here I noticed that "Blocks per Track" and "Blocks per Cylinder" is 4034!! (see second screenshot). I do not know why HDToolBox put 1 extra here. I changed this to 4033. I then went to Partition Drive. Enter the values returned by RDBrecov and I got my files back!

So in short the problem seems to have been that HDToolBox was recognized "Blocks per Track" and "Blocks per Cylinder" is 4034 rather than 4033 as RDBrecov. Luckily RDBrecov returned the correct value.

A big thank you to you thomas and mark_k for all the help!! I really would have given up if it was not for all your help!

Really big thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RDBrecov WinUAE.png
Views:	201
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	37826   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDToolBox.png
Views:	173
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	37827  

Page generated in 0.05120 seconds with 12 queries