View Single Post
Old 17 February 2012, 11:46   #26
paulo_becas

It's the adapter, no doubt about it,
You should buy a decent one, the cheapest always gives a lot of trouble depending on the type of card you're using.
They even damage the cards in some cases, trust me, i know.
I work a long time in the computer bussiness (tecnician) and saw a lot of shit happening because of this cheap card readers.
If you're using an external one, always connect it to the rear ports of your computer and try to choose one that has a removable usb cable and try to get one that has two usb conections for better power or even one with external power.
If you're using an internal one try to buy the best one you can, you should choose one that has all the connectors covered with a metal case.
When inserting cf cards do it with carefull because it's very easy to damage the pins.
To format the cards you should use the HP format utility, i've upload it to the zone, you should format it and then go to the computer management and delete the partition you just formated, then add the card to winuae.
This way you don't get any kind of error when partitioning the card in workbench.
If you need further help please ask.

Page generated in 0.08077 seconds with 11 queries