Thread: AGA or RTG
View Single Post
Old 15 September 2021, 05:04   #67
grelbfarlk

Thankfully we don't have to make a choice between either or since Chucky will add this Zorro slot to the A1200 and the TF1260+RTG combination will not have to put up with the luxury and smugness of A2000 owners. And I can only assume Chucky will find a way to mount a Buster-11 on his RTG adapter to gain Z3 speeds as well. Chucky make sure you can still mount a Rapidroad on the clockport so they can have USB too. Again if you need to make the case a little taller, go ahead, it's approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amifan View Post
I used to be in the RTG camp, my A3000 had a Picasso II card and then later I upgraded my A1200 with a Cyber Vision card. My main use was for doing graphics and music, however I found that the HAM modes were still great for viewing my raytraced graphics and when doing 2D graphics I found Brilliance to be the best and it worked very nicely with the AGA graphics. I don`t spend too much time in Workbench, mostly in Brilliance, Lightwave etc so having a high resolution WB was not much of a deal, while it is nice the kind of apps I were using did not take advantage of the extra colours and resolution. Software like Opal Paint or Image FX could be useful with the RTG graphics but I have to say after having two Amiga`s with graphics cards, I felt that the AGA chipset with and Indivision takes the best advantage of the software that is on the Amiga. Though I used to love reading the articles in Amiga World about the latest graphic cards

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 15 September 2021 at 05:22.

Page generated in 0.06005 seconds with 11 queries