View Single Post
Old 21 July 2021, 23:04   #9
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH View Post
Originally it was that, with the hashmark, but if i do it that way, then the executable becomes corrupted and the Amiga refuses to run it with error 121...Must be, as there is no FastRAM in the machine...but point taken, you're right, if someone runs the program with a machine with FastRAM, then the Amiga will most likely load it into the FastRAM, thanks for pointing out.If i do that, the entire machine crashes when i run the program. This way it works, just the screen does not open. The disassembly also shows correct values for
CUSTOM
.True, but this code is not needed to be system friendly; right after it finishes, a single-task game will take over.
But it's not working

Its "working" completely by accident, not by design.

Your first line is moving the contents of $dff000 into a2, when the value $dff000 should be in a2.

If that line is incorrect, the next line is also wrong as it's not going to be pulling from the correct register.

So here is my advice.

Cut first two lines.

Where you move #$7fff,dmacon(a2), put that before your move of the copper list, dont forget # Ross told you.

The two top lines you cut from the top, put them both before the #$7fff,dmacon(a2), not forgetting the # in front of custom.

Make sure custom = $dff000
Make sure setclr= $8000

That big setup for DMA before you wait for left mouse button, trim all that out and put in the value $87d0
See how you get on

Page generated in 0.04416 seconds with 11 queries