View Single Post
Old 13 September 2021, 16:44   #68
drHirudo
Amiga user

The video in the op post is from 2010 in 480p 25 or 30 fps. YouTube never supported 50 or 60 fps in anything lower than 720p. If you want to see some of the shown Apple IIGS games in better light, you can check my longplays of Arkanoid:
[ Show youtube player ]
and Zany Golf:
[ Show youtube player ]

Also I played Defender of the Crown.
[ Show youtube player ]

These games on the Amiga are much better in playability and graphics wise, but still the IIGS is a nice machine that can play most Apple II games and has some unique 16-bit game ports like Wolfenstein 3D, which never got official Amiga port.
The CPU is 16-bit successor of the 6502, which can switch to native 8-bit mode. The same CPU was used in the SNES may be for backwards compatibility reasons.
Regarding the sound chip in the machine, it is a successor of the legendary SID. From Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIGS
Quote:
The Apple IIGS's sound is provided by an Ensoniq 5503 Digital Oscillator Chip (DOC) wavetable synthesis chip designed by Bob Yannes, creator of the SID synthesizer chip used in the Commodore 64
So it is more like 16-bit SID than Paula competitor. They are in different leagues.

Which reminds me to do some more Apple IIGS longplays, like Rastan, which also didn't got official Amiga port.

Page generated in 0.04328 seconds with 11 queries