View Single Post
Old 22 July 2017, 23:49   #10
matthewjames88

Thanks guys - well the Gotek drive has come and been having lots of fun loading adfs onto a memory stick. Now this gets interesting. When writing to a blank adf from a floppy to the gotek using x copy the adf is corrupt (sometimes partly booting but defiantly not copying properly ) - tried all different copy modes. I'll have to find out what firmware this Gotek is using, when I turn it on it comes up h_c or something on the edisplay - i'll find out.

Now I've found a more recent version of x copy called 'X Copy - The next generation' and I got it to create a working adf from disk to Gotek! For some reason it only works when selecting BAM copy, but it created a working adf!
now here is the other thing - when loading that adf into winuae I get a guru meditation error and it will not load in winuae but will play through the gotek on real hardware....

i'll certainly do the more convention methods, but anyone had any success with this type of method? It would be a nice simple way to back up floppy's straight to a memory stick.

Page generated in 0.04313 seconds with 11 queries