View Single Post
Old 28 May 2023, 09:19   #8
jotd
This cat is no more

I understand. Now I have added "pause" in my game, and when paused, the copper trashes the second half of the stars.

I'm suspecting a control word issue.

it's 100% for half of the screen, but second half is sometimes glitchy.

The control word/pos I'm using takes X and Y into account, and I noticed that Y doesn't matter. Or does it?

YES it does. It worked somehow with my previous attempt but I have to specify Y=256 else control word is wrong, and fun fact sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't...

Code:
	add.w	#6*8,d0	| add 48 offset because of screen centering
	move.w	#256,d1	| max Y, else glitchy stars
	bsr		store_sprite_pos_16  ; X,Y => sprite control / pos longword
Mystery solved, thanks

But now DMA sprite is conflicting with that system. If I turn off sprite DMA, I get perfect star scroll, but when using sprites "classically" I get the glitch...

Can't I use "classical" dma controlled sprites with copper-controlled sprites like this? Of course this multiplexed sprite in the copper is using sprite 7 and other sprites are 0,1,2,3,4,5 only.

At the start of my copperlist, I'm setting a blank sprite in all sprites. As long as I don't display any of the sprites using a valid control word, the star scroller is OK.

but as soon as I enable, say sprite 0 by writing a valid position/control words, then the stars begin to glitch (WinUAE, didn't test on real hardware but I'm pretty confident that it will be the same on real hardware, I still have to test on it)

Last edited by jotd; 28 May 2023 at 09:37.

Page generated in 0.04136 seconds with 11 queries