View Single Post
Old 06 September 2022, 18:49   #26
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic_Computi View Post
What a nice program! I have been having fun with it on my Amigas for sure!
Nice to hear you like it!

Quote:
A few things I have found: With some CPU intensive tasks, like the painting effect - It takes forever even on a 68040 or Vampire to process, and there is no "Status update" - it honestly just looks like the Amiga is frozen and locked up. Having a status update, or even a "Please Wait" windows or something would be awesome.
At least it puts the window in the sleep mode and you can't mess around with it until it ends the processing So the busy pointer should indicate when it's doing something, but adding a "Please wait" text is trivial, I'll put it in the to-do list.

Do you mean the "Draw" effect by the "painting effect"? Are all "sub effects" on it slow or is it the Freehand sub effect or so? Is the slowness in the preview mode (positioning the graphics) or when you actually apply it? If it's about positioning, it could be better to enter values from keyboard/sliders instead of the mouse...

I haven't tested that much on real 68k machines if there'd be something that would need optimizing as it's "fast enough" on NG machines and emulator setups. The Draw preview would probably have room for improvement.

Quote:
Second, I suspect it does not care about an FPU? Some effects that are quite fast in ImageFX or AdPro take a huge amount of time in RNOEffects. Having FPU support would be awesome!
Yeah, it's non-FPU for 68k, but using FPU for the WarpOS version. I thought to make it more universal for 68k if there are still some issues with FPU on Vampires or something like that..

I can prepare an FPU version to test tomorrow, and let's see if it'd be any faster in practise.

Quote:
I am working on a review for 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast for this awesome software! (For the 68K version)
Cool, thanks!

Page generated in 0.04905 seconds with 11 queries