View Single Post
Old 22 July 2018, 20:21   #12
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo79 View Post
My question is not for fanatic Amiga users.

I have the doubt,that Amiga did NOT dominated the scene of video editing.

That its not true that amiga has been heavily used for start trek,babylon 5,seaquest.

But that the use of amiga was marginal,and also that these was special cases.

I know that was Macintosh+Avid card to dominate video editing.

In the world of video editing,video toaster was only an alternative,low cost solution.
Professionals used Avid.
Interesting post, but completely wrong.

Not only was the Amiga in standard guise used in many local TV stations, with the addition of the Video Toaster, it was responsible for pre-production work (storyboarding) on a few movies, and used extensively on expensive TV shows like Babylon 5, Seaquest DSV as well as a lot of others.

Quite simply, without the Amiga and the Video Toaster, those shows would never have gotten off the ground......no Amiga, no Video Toaster.

Your revisionist history convinces no-one, especially as the history and a small repository called GOOGLE shows you to be explicitly WRONG.

What a curious way to announce yourself to a forum, make a post with a load of claims that are easily refutable by a cursory use of Google.

You may want to consider not joining other forums if this is how you conduct yourself, its not a great way to stumble through life.

So you think the Amiga had no impact on DTV........ the reality says otherwise.

Page generated in 0.04483 seconds with 11 queries