View Single Post
Old 20 April 2018, 17:09   #57
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
In a similar theme to invalid memory accesses causing a debugger break, would it be possible to break if I try and step a floppy drive out of range?

I’m sure this feature would be useful for the 2-3 people that mess around with track loader code each decade ;-)

I’d also be interested if any old track loaders ever try to do this.
No. Soon there would be hundreds of different breakpoint trigger conditions...

There is already log message, I'll add current PC to message, it should be enough information to find where and when it happens.

I have seen that message ("program tried to step over track 80") few times, some loaders do extra useless step after last track has been read and causes this message if last track was 79.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma63 View Post
Hello Toni,
i think you have mistaken me. I don't expected the GUI Debugger to start.
I thought if i start "uaedbg c:LawBreaker" on amiga-side from Initial CLI would bring up the non-gui-debugger but i get an crash wich generates a minidump.
Its included together with winuae[boot]log.txt
Hope it helps
Looks like you are running out of memory. (Windows XP = small per process memory space availability, best case is slightly over 512M or so).

Manually adding smaller debugmem space may help:

debugmem_start=0x70000000
debugmem_size=0x08000000 (or 0x04000000 or even smaller, default is very large)

If it does not work: sorry, XP is unsupported. This debug method by design requires lots of RAM. (hundreds of megabytes). 64-bit OS is recommended.

Page generated in 0.04187 seconds with 11 queries