Thread: Wonderboy
View Single Post
Old 29 January 2022, 22:47   #115
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbottle View Post
Cheers Tsak

I must say the "arcs" have been a bane of my life! I will not give up trying to prefect them but I've not yet cracked that particular egg yet, pun intended, if not funny.

The egg itself bounces at a few angles depending how its hit, including going straight up when hit directly from above. The most important was it always lands just in front of you, something I may be able to achieve with the cpu parent lock? Similar with projectiles, its so near yet so far. Best bet so far has been animated arcs, though this is something I constantly experiment with, have not found the perfect solution yet.

As a top tip for an arcade feel, if using winuae especially, settings are line mode double, full screen and have filter set to aperture1x2rb_aaron. Really changes the feel of the game dramatically.

A 3rd alpha will be up tomorrow, few more small things ironed out.
Great!
I think I could live with the egg just being dropped at the same spot each time (though I guess that might be an issue with the skateboard being faster) so long as the arch is smooth and fine. Btw from a quick comparison I did, the character's jump anim feels a bit slower in the arcade as well.

Page generated in 0.04627 seconds with 11 queries