View Single Post
Old 02 November 2019, 23:29   #16
ADz
A mighty pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Edit:
I don`t have a WHDLoad version. Just the version from Amiga Arena. http://www.amiga-arena.de/breed96/

About ship amount. You really don`t need so much ships. Ship strenght depends also on race as you know. To win you need a good start and a as much as possible perfect infrastructure on your home planet. Defense ships (Laser Drone. Also for attack) should build only if attack message arrives. Don`t spread to wide at the beginning. Start attacking only if your ships are strong enough. Later, one ship per planet is enough. Sometime it is easier to have no ship in orbit and in case of capture just send a ship to recapture. If the enemies are to strong at some point it isn`t possible to win. You just need to be faster in become better then the opponents.

If you want to play a scenario I made:

scenario1.scn
Code:
<Scenario>
<Short>
Begin
<BeginText>
Scenario 1 details...

To win you need to own 9 planets and
200000 credits.

You lose if each alien own 4 planets.
<InitVars>
P 1
H 2
A 4
D 000
C 20000
<WinVars>
P > 8
$ > 200000
<LoseVars>
A1 > 3
A2 > 3
A3 > 3
<End>
The second one you cannot win (at least here). What means there isn`t an end (play infinity). I have no idea why. If you or someone else see the problem, please let me know.

scenario2.scn:
Code:
<Scenario>
<Short>
Rise time
<BeginText>
Scenario 2 details...

To win you need to own 4 planets -
300000 credits - 1800 population -
5 weapon updates - 5 shild updates
Do not work. Maybe WinVars.
You lose if each alien own 4 planets.
<InitVars>
P 12
H 2
A 4
D 100
C 30000
<WinVars>
P > 3
$ > 300000
U21 > 4
U22 > 4
I > 1799
<LoseVars>
A1 > 3
A2 > 3
A3 > 3
<End>

Wow, sorry for the super late reply I must have been sidetracked at time as life got really hectic. I'll be getting back into my Amiga shortly and giving game and your scenarios a go. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.39388 seconds with 11 queries