View Single Post
Old 13 August 2020, 17:53   #13
pink^abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
First impressions: this is really nice

Now to beta testing feedback so far (only played a while, so I may come back with some more feedback later):
  • It seems a bit easier than the arcade is (on default settings). Could be on purpose, of course. At any rate, the monsters seem to move quite a bit slower and don't seem to get "angry" unless the hurry up sounds
  • On the other hand, there seem to be far fewer extend letters dropping
  • Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally. Not sure how to reproduce it yet, it seems to have to do with the player being close to a wall.
  • Every now and then, an object (such as a bubble) can disappear from the screen when the player moves next to it. It reappears when the player is on a different Y position than the object.
  • Very occasionally, the game starts in two player mode rather than one when I press the fire button to start. This may be a limit in WinUAE, as I have the feeling this happens after I reactivate the WinUAE window.
  • I've died at least once when colliding with a bubble that itself was colliding with a ghost projectile.

One other things: it seems to run fine on both A500 (with extra memory) and A3000 (68030/8MB fast) emulated environments.

Overall, it's a very good port and looks & sounds great. Runs well too
The above is therefore purely meant to be helpful, not as criticism
The game is on the easiest setting. (Its gets hard enough in the higher levels )
I also feel like the EXTEND letters don't come often enough, tho i tried to mimic the Arcade behavior. Need to improve here..

You are right, the accidental starting in 2 Player mode is because of WinUAE mouse handling.

"Occasionally, I can't seem to jump diagonally."
Perhaps you mean when you jump up and are next to a wall? This is how the arcade also works. Its quite different then most games handle jumping.

Thanks for the testing and feedback!

Page generated in 0.04466 seconds with 11 queries