View Single Post
Old 19 June 2011, 02:24   #11
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

I have tested the game ROADKILL using both new vsync and new auto vsync and its the first very fast scrolling game I have tested using the new beta. The fast scrolling shows up some very noticable tearing effect, particularly when driving up the screen in the positive Y-axis direction. The scrolling is very smooth and sound is almost perfect but the tearing effect is quite extreme in this game? Any suggestions. Also I eventually managed to get the on-screen LEDs to work somehow. Not sure why they failed to work before.

EDIT: Ok, forget that last statement. I have tested again but this time re-read the information about vsync mode - specifically the part about no 'fastest possible' cpu setting. I guess this is the cause of the tearing effect and the reason you advise to set cpu speed as 'approx A500/A1200 cycle exact'. Is this the same as ticking cycle-exact in the chipset section?? Too many options for me now! Anyway I ticked both CPU cycle-exact and chipset cycle-exact and sound buffer to 1 and everything runs beautifully! Roadkill is really fast, smooth with no tearing and excellent sound. I am very happy!

Approx cycle-exact makes a big difference - so why not grey out the fastest possible option when vsync is selected??

EDIT: I managed to fix the sound issues I was having by setting the sound buffer to 3. This seems to give me perfect sound although I am constantly paranoid the sound is delayed too much. I am sure its just me though. lol. I tried the ultimate test (Deluxe Galaga) and it plays very well. Also tried Banshee, Aladdin, Soccer Kid and Oscar. They are all playing very smoothly. Honestly, I never thought WinUAE could be as good this! Its awesome now!!

Last edited by Steve; 19 June 2011 at 11:32.

Page generated in 0.04510 seconds with 11 queries