View Single Post
Old 18 September 2009, 01:07   #18
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferix View Post
Well... It's starting to annoy me...
It seems that my TV LCD is too strict with the video signals... and I can't understand why...
Of all display devices, CRT TVs are the least fussy ones. At least the old ones - the few ones even made today is from China and I've no clue how tolerant they are.

The reason is those TV sets were made to hook up to all kinds of equipment - VCRs, consoles, CCTV circuits, and also, SCART was THE interface and a "must have" for all consumers looking to buy a TV.

Not so today. LCD, plasma etc are simply not made specifically to comply to a PAL video format. Any SCART is an add-on, not a requirement, and so, "displays that can display PAL via SCART RGB from any source the customer might own" is not a priority today.

Same with composite. It's "be happy if it works" times.

If the "most common specs" of the major manufacturers of RGB SCART-compliant displays were known, there would be a possibility to make an Amiga-dongle with a female scart plug, containing some simple electronics to clean the signal up and adapt it to comply to the narrower standard - maybe with some jumpers or switches to adapt to individual display brands, so "everyone can make their displays work / try the same methods you are trying now".

And you could buy a simple scart-scart lead at the nearest consumer electronics store.

I think this is an awesome idea, and I would buy a bunch of those in no time flat

Please make this and sell me some, or at least provide a schematic so I can make them

This is a good thread, subscribing. If I can think a little about your test results I'll breadboard some solution together and try

Page generated in 0.06557 seconds with 11 queries