View Single Post
Old 19 May 2021, 23:24   #1
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

This one's really got me stumped

As usual, I like to read the threads here.

Recently there has been several 'boring' posts between people arguing each others about how they felt things and reacted to them or to what the preopinant said, or believe it was said, etc...

We all know :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Werber
Between what I think, what I want to say, what I believe I say, what I say, what you want to hear, what you believe to hear, what you hear, what you want to understand, what you think you understand, what you understand...They are ten possibilities that we might have some problem communicating. But let's try anyway...

Bernard Werber is a really good FR writer if you don't know him.

Usually everything is fine and the storm does not last for long (maybe a few pages).

What really got me stumped this time is that I just noticed this :

I said to myself : "Hummm, a bit strong as he initially only voiced an opinion, but so be it. For sure it's not for a long time."
Both involved in the argument were wrong as this discussion should never ever have been raised in a thread (but in PM), so they were at the end (to quote them - if I recall correctly) stubborn.

The problem is that it does not seems to be the same rule for everybody as the status of the other person involved in the arguing, is normal.
And of course, a clean up has been done. So no evidences left...

Well I know for sure that some moderator(s) will feel titillated by my words but... damn, warn them both, 'punish' them both or none of them because they were both like kids in kindergarten...

By punishing only one you give a really bad message. And force me to write this post.
It's not because everything happened in the thread opened by the other person involved that it absolves him from his replies (especially the first one that lighted the fire) and inability to have kept the exchange healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
[...] I have cleaned this thread up now. Everyone keep it on topic please.

Page generated in 0.07103 seconds with 11 queries