View Single Post
Old 19 February 2022, 00:26   #53
Arne
Hobby/Indie gamedev

Thinking about it, there are probably a lot of Japanese PC-88/98 titles which would work well on the Amiga, technically speaking, with improvements rather than sacrifices depending on game & system. Visual novel titles especially, as they would mostly just require disk space (maybe quite a bit of it). Not sure if I ever saw one. There were a few attempts at mimicking the style, but I can't remember seeing a port. The markets were very separated I suppose. Some Amiga franchises made it over to Japan, less so the other way around (visual novels and art heavy games I mean). However, many of the neat PC-98 titles came out after the Amiga era.

I suppose on a stock A500 setup with a TV some of the hirez modes might be problematic. Puzzle games like Puyo Puyo might not lose much in translation (it has a bunch of fancy portraits and funny scenes alongside the simple drop mechanics). Last Armageddon (and other encounter RPGs) might not be much of a problem either. It has a rather unique atmosphere/world building.

Last edited by Arne; 19 February 2022 at 00:31.

Page generated in 0.05021 seconds with 11 queries