View Single Post
Old 13 September 2019, 18:19   #28
JuanLuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
I made an open-source VS Code extension for Amiga 500 demo development. Repo on GitHub

One-stop Visual Code Extention to compile and debug Amiga C programs compiled by included gcc 8.3.0 in WinUAE.

Features
  • No additional tools required. Everything is included (except Kickstart ROM ?). Ready to go make your next Amiga 500 production!
  • State-of-the-art code generation by GCC with Link-Time-Optimizations (LTO) for increased performance and smaller code size
  • IntelliSense
  • Full source-level and assembly-level debugging with callstack, breakpoints, watches, registers, memory view with GDB-enabled WinUAE
  • Fully AmigaOS compatible via included .h files
  • INCBIN support
  • Output to debug console from WinUAE
  • WinUAE warp-launch (turbo-boot)
  • WinUAE warp-mode control from your Amiga project

Have a look at My Seminar 'Modern Amiga 500 Demo Development' at Evoke 2019 for more information about this and behind-the-scenes of our 64k intro CODA.

I'm here for any questions, just wanted to get the first release out there.

First release with install instructions
I tried the example and It worked fine, but I have several questions.

- Does this compiler work with Kickstart 3.1?
I tried to compile for A1200 and I couldn't run successfully

- Is it possible to use C++ standard libraries, for instance: <iostream>, <vector>, etc.?
Compilation fails because compiler doesn't find include files iostream and vector. I don't have experience using Visual Studio Code and perhaps it's a problem easy to fix.

Thanks for the new C++ compiler.

Page generated in 0.04732 seconds with 11 queries