View Single Post
Old 23 January 2023, 16:58   #22
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Low end professional studios. High end professional studios used software and equipment from companies such as Quantel.
The thing with the Amiga 1000 + Digi-view & Digi-paint was it was that or a 5 figure sum bespoke bit of kit back in 1986. I used to watch educational documentaries and there was one on the BBC about the Quantel Paintbox which I found fascinating. Beyond all other reasons HAM mode and Digi-view was the biggest reason I got an Amiga 1000.

There was nothing in between, a gulf of about £15,000 minimum if you wanted better than HAM on an Amiga 1000.

I think it's the 1986 Xmas episode of Micro Live where they use some really expensive PC based system with a 24bit graphics card to show some Photoshop style editing of a pie to remove the cut out slice etc and they mentioned the price.

Loads of artists and advertising studios used an Amiga, they did something called animatics for proposed advertising projects IIRC.

It was a revolution that people forget, they think we went from nowhere directly to Photoshop, which of course is completely wrong.

Page generated in 0.06186 seconds with 11 queries