View Single Post
Old 04 December 2021, 16:04   #6
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
I would recommend to take the photo from the intended viewing distance; very close-up shots tend to yield very unrealistic CRT shaders.
Well, this is for preservation so I'd like to get a sample of everything. In the latest release I have mostly concentrated on full-screen shots, now I'd like to add some close ups too. But you're welcome to snap any way you like - any phpto is welcome, though admittedly I have quite a few of "distance" shots you can find on the web already, so mostly looking for a bit more precise stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
This is a great idea. Would it make sense to have a series of images that can be used to display on these CRT's.
Sure, that would be nice, but it's not easy to get people to shoot anything at all, nevermind some particular stuff So for now it's free for all, but if you have any ideas you can post that too. Actually, is there a TV "test card" for Amiga out there somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freehand View Post
Size reduction kills it.
Yep, so that's why it'd be better if you could gather a few and upload somewhere in original sizes, even few RAWs if your camera can take this format too. It's a great shot - hope you can produce some more. If possible, please do one or more with visible monitor bezel as well, so we can gauge the borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Should USA games be photographed in NTSC mode? ;-) Just thinking about the PAL King of Chicago shots there.
Ideally I'd like to include both, PAL and NTSC, and yeah, native resolution would be great too. for the latest release I only did some in PAL (though my TV can handle NTSC too).

King of Chicago yields some amazing shots, even in PAL
1 2 3

For those who think composite is absolutely abysmal, here's a little comparison

Page generated in 0.25365 seconds with 11 queries