Thread: Outrun AGA
View Single Post
Old 26 February 2022, 16:34   #101
eXeler0

Ok,
so that was a follow up to a previous post (#85) where there was a spec which was quite specific.. about double the clock of an original A1200+ fastram. That was indeed my first expansion (A Blizzard 1220) in 1994 which turned the A1200 from mainly useless quite to useful. After that games like Frontier went from painful to wonderful.
So why do you feel the need to go to extremes with that interpretation? Yes it becomes a dumb question if you read your own (dumb) things into it that.. Explain to me where you got the idea I was asking about some "no limit CPU that would bottleneck the AGA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerskunk View Post
Sorry, don't want to be rude here, but that's kind of a dumb question.
You can solve about any computational problem with throwing just enough power and RAM at it.

So, just use your fantasy and envision a crazy super detailed 3D engine game with amazing textures and an extensive sound mixer engine, only hindered by AGA capabilities. Means, it would need to run in 8 bitplane or HAM8 and 4 channel sound.

It would be looking great, but in the end it would not have much to do with the Amiga chipset and its capabilities except it actively hindering the game.
Almost anything would be happening in fast RAM being rendered by the CPU, and the rest of the Amiga hardware would be being a frame and sounds buffer, and that's it.

So basically trying to be kind of overcomplicated PC hardware.

Last edited by eXeler0; 26 February 2022 at 18:00. Reason: quote

Page generated in 0.07612 seconds with 11 queries