View Single Post
Old 06 April 2022, 10:56   #3
Daedalus

Over the years I've come across a couple of commands that don't work under 1.3 but are fine under 2.0+... I can't remember now which ones are like that, but they do exist. However, I can't see anything in your code that makes me thing it's the culprit.

Running from the editor as suggested is a good idea, but make sure you run the editor under 1.3 as well so any 2.0-specific requirements trigger a failure that the debugger can hopefully catch.

L: is needed on 1.3 because the RAM handler isn't built into ROM and needs to be loaded from disk. You can probably avoid the requirement if you don't reference RAM: anywhere in the startup-sequence. What was the Assign doing? Perhaps it's required by the code?

When the Blitz manual talks about starting from a minimal 1.3 environment, it means the basic editor. The code is a different story, and while most of the core stuff will work on 1.3, if you include anything that needs 2.0 (e.g. GadTools), the resulting executable will naturally need 2.0 and will crash on 1.3.

Page generated in 0.04290 seconds with 11 queries