Old 06 May 2013, 23:52   #64
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
Hey Retrofan,
First off: Awesome!
Thank you for trying it .

"1 - My DH0: is called System: and so when I boot, it says insert volume AmiKit. To fix this, I added assign >nil AmiKit: SYS: to my startup-sequence."

As you like, you only should have renamed DH0 as AmiKit.

"2 - The default os3.9 dock is still on the screen and needs to be removed from wbstartup"

That's installed by your previous OS3.9 installation. In my new update I will be moving icons to make room and installing an AmiDock that will seem transparent.

"3 - Workbench2000 doesn't load automatically"

You can find WB2000 in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion/Workbench2000/. If you like you can put it on the WBStartup drawer, but I didn't because it takes longer to boot if you do it that way.
Edit: BTW if you want to make it, there are two scripts there; WB2000 and Workbench2000. The second is the normal one, the first will play a voice when running it... .

"4 - Where can I get the skinnable clock???!! "

It only runs with a graphic card (or WinUAE and AmiKit for PC for example). You can find it here: http://www.bboah-works.de/phpbb33/do...7620bef130e4c0
but it's designed for OS4, so a bit tricky to install. I told Jan to use it on his AmiKit for PC, but I don't know if he will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
...Also, if I try to change from 16 to 64 or 256 colors, it shows the clock "waiting" icon but never completes
You have to reboot if you change colors or screen mode... And thanks a lot for your questions .

Edit: Please all, remember: Beta means also you have to say what you want or what you find could be improved (and how too if you know). I believe that's the best way to have what everybody wants/would like to have, and that has never happened before. As a new I can tell it will be able to have online updates just like you have on your PC; you'll be updating your Amiga online.... and that will be really sooner than later.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 May 2013 at 01:36.

Page generated in 0.04819 seconds with 11 queries