Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 20 August 2004, 11:47   #10
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Very nice, I'll have to look into this project a little more. I have a little experience hacking games for other systems (mostly the Sonic games on the Genesis), so I might be able to use some of that basic skill.

A slightly unrelated thing - I've always wanted to port at least Sonic 1 to the Amiga. I figure AGA should be able to handle it, even if the graphics and sound has to be dramatically redone for the Amiga's planar graphics and four-channel DACs as opposed to the Genesis' tile-based graphics and six-channel FM part (of which channel 6 can be turned into a DAC). The Genesis generally only used the Z80 for driving the FM part (in earlier games, it was used only for the DAC, and the 68k drove the FM part). The Genesis ran at 320x224 (or 256x224 like in Sonic 2's special stage), so it's easy to fit that onto either an NTSC or PAL screen (on NTSC, use a tiny bit of vertical overscan, on PAL extend it to 320x256 fullscreen, or go for the Genesis-exact look and letterbox the 224 line image with the background color).

Page generated in 0.04271 seconds with 11 queries