View Single Post
Old 04 July 2017, 15:01   #14
IvanEBC

Sorry for the absence after you guys offered so much help.

I have a resolution but still an issue

Firstly, i have working system with 060.... and its FAST.. i did some small self benchmarks, the most amazing difference was the demos Ikadalawampu that took 6 mins and 55 secs to load on the 25Mhz 040, but a 50Mhz 060 ... well it chewed that that demo in 1 min 25 sec! WOW!

The issues mostly seem to be memory.
I have 16mb fast mem on board the 4000,m like most 4000's i assume.
I have a bigram+ 256mb that's worked wonderful

When i got the VA2000, memory seem to be a big crashy.. the test .. LHA extract something big to memory, she'll freeze up, only with the VA2000 (i discussed it with the maker Lukas and he doesn't know and only hinted at another guy with issues as well, he doesn't have forums so its difficult to push him for his time on this all the .. time.

After getting another 128mb on the Apollo card, i started playing switcharoo and found the lesser amount of MB i used, the more stable the system become, but at 16mb when the system was most stable, none of the 060 demos and games would work as they run out of memory. Or if i had the memory but removed the VA2000, same issue as chip memory, even with 1.7mb free, wasn't enough to run stuff, let alone having such a beast with a 16 colour WB

So right now, the bigram+ is out, only using the systems 16mb and the CPUs 128mb. She is still crashing if i say do something simple like unpack stuff to memory, and a few other small glitches like occasionally it won't boot first time and a reboot will usually get it booting second attempt...... right now, i want to enjoy it a bit and will likely just revisit.

Oh yeah, the HSmathlibs 060 is ON, but no diea if they are activated as it asked lots of questions during install that i can't answer, like how do you wish to launch, i previously used blizkick, but since removing that as i don't know if the apollo is compatible, i randomly clicked another option, loadmodule and got an error, can't find loadmodule, i'm sure i can find it but don't know if this is the best way to do it.

Amiga guys love making great hardware and software, not so much easy to understand instructions

I wrote alot, i'm not spell checking and please forgive me... if you have something to offer, or ask, or check, i'm still here and reading

Page generated in 0.06505 seconds with 11 queries