View Single Post
Old 22 July 2021, 22:35   #762
hexaae
Bug hunter

Ok, I think I've found the problem with some of my WHDLoad installed games vs beta24: some of them in the icon tooltypes use 'uae-configuration' to change some emulator settings on the fly and fix glitches (my WB boots in RTG P96 + 060 emu etc. hi-end Amiga emulation...) and I've found that some commands in particular cause this black-screen issue right after quitting WHD games.

For example for Shadow of the Beast WHD I use:
Code:
ExecuteStartup=
ExecutePostDisk=uae-configuration cachesize 0 cpu_speed real cpu_throttle -800 cpu_memory_cycle_exact true immediate_blits true
This causes black-screen issue when I quit back to my RTG WB with WHD exit key... but removing just the "cpu_memory_cycle_exact true" part solves the issue and WinUAE is stable again.
BTW, on exit, WHDLoad automatically runs my S:WHDLoad_cleanup script where I revert back emu to "cachesize 8192 cpu_speed max etc." to re-enable JIT etc. Renaming the script though didn't solve the problems... so it's not the exit script the problem.

In short: some emu 'uae-configuration' options from within emulation I use for some WHDLoad games, seem to cause strange instability effects with latest beta24, when it switches Native mode <-> RTG WB soon after.
Was rock stable at least up to b16.

Last edited by hexaae; 22 July 2021 at 22:43.

Page generated in 0.06138 seconds with 11 queries