View Single Post
Old 20 December 2021, 18:23   #17
ugrnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
Issue is not in level but in inability to isolate analog circuitry from digital part as they share same power line - unless Paula has embedded some fancy circuitry to provide true reference current/voltage to DAC's then you will have lot of unwanted sounds from digital circuitry on analog signal out lines.
Yes you're correct, and there are 2 issues in fact. Signal level is important for me as the A600 will be plugged in a mixer with other synths that are all louder and not necessarily with a master volume control, so I'm trying to bring the Amiga to the same line level as everything else using this so-called pro line level as ref.

I understand this is not going to make the signal more clean, but with everything more or less on the same level, I don't have to mess with extra gain on the mixer, and it also gives me more room to adjust the volume up and down on the Amiga channel.

If the resistor switch I mention above allows me to achieve this, then it will be already a great quality of life improvement

Then issue number 2, is the cherry on top, that is to say, any simple things I could do afterward to help improve the signal quality, like your ferrite bead suggestion.

Page generated in 0.07679 seconds with 11 queries