View Single Post
Old 21 September 2022, 00:34   #75
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoOne View Post
The issue returned when directly starting the GUI executable returned and it really messed me up.

I removed the user-startup entry and the env files to simulate a clean installation while I was working on a new version of the installation script. And I thought I messed something up because the GUI was putting out errors left and right when I started it from my dock.
I thought I screwed something up with the assigns/paths.

To find the cause, I tried using older versions which I still had but I started them from the shell. And they all worked even the latest version works fine.

I really don't understand why that is happening. Yesterday it was working fine, when I was using my already extracted UHC files which I simply copied. Today it failed when I changed it to download the package first and then extract it.

Anyway, I have a working script which only requires lha.run and UHCTools.lha to get started (and some env files) and currently can be used from a single disk.
I will see if I can add the mirror check from the original UHC installer and I have to see how much I need to add/change for a HD installation (I already have a requester at the beginning to choose the destination, but I haven't spent time with the HD option yet).

As for a file manager, you were right about the disk space. I believe it was like 22kb left on the disk after the setup. So, I probably will make the installation of a file manager optional and this will require to delete the already installed packages and obsolete files to make space.

But I will take a break to play Return to Monkey Island.
yeah the GUI still needs to be launched as a shell/cli taskrather than a WB one, the icon "should" be set to do that, i still dont know why this is, perhaps something weird amiblitz3 is doing, there are newer versions of amiblitz i have yet to compile with as they all crash my emulated OS3.2.1 even when i do a clean early boot script to do a very, very clean launch, still working on what causes crashes/lockups when i try any version of amiblitz3 above 3.8.1.

Perhaps newer versions fix these issues but currently myself and others are just launching as a shell/cli task for now, its 1 of those, fix later when i understand it things.

Page generated in 0.04876 seconds with 11 queries