View Single Post
Old 01 July 2022, 06:00   #18
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Not out of the box, not it is not difficult to do. Also, it is actually possible to do without changes to FS-UAE, since FS-UAE supports loading host plugins with native code which can be called into from the Amiga ("uaenative.library" - not actually used to my knowledge, but still...)

It gets more "difficult" when starting to ask questions like:
- Should it do more than just launch programs?
- Minimize itself, remove fullscreen status?
- Does anyway expect it to be able to access files from within the Amiga - i.e. should you be able to launch vlc from the Amiga with the path to a video file from within the Amiga? This could be somewhat trivial if using a directory hard drive at least.

People have been asking about this from time to time, but no-one has come with a detailed proposal on how such integration should work in practice, so I haven't bothered with it.

One would need to write a host plugin for this, as well as an m68k program using this plugin. I can help with this if there is a good and though-trough use-case for it.
Is a new method needed? can FS-UAE use the same method WinUAE uses?

part of the release notes for WinUAE 3.5.0 states
Quote:
- winlaunch.lib is now built-in feature and is also 64-bit compatible. (useable in settings when ticking "allow native code")
^ Can this code just be adapted into FS-UAE? the amiga side of things is already out there in the form of https://aminet.net/package/util/misc/winlaunch

If the winlaunch.lib side of things can be sorted/built in like WinUAE managed then we have an already useful/functioning feature, i dont know what others are expecting, but just being able to launch say Firefox or VLC is more than enough, no deep integration/etc is required, just the simple command launch. tbh a functioning browser is 1 of few things classic systems need a major crutch like winlaunch to just use the host systems browser(s), id be happy with just that 1 plain ability.

Page generated in 0.04423 seconds with 11 queries