View Single Post
Old 16 January 2017, 14:16   #36
PeteAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by appiah4 View Post
I think I'll get the board in the mail today. The chips should arrive shortly as well. If I can get the chip soldered on right, I'll then try to reproduce the RTC clock components install. This will be my first time soldering electronics, I hope I don't butcher your board PeteAU..
First time soldering and you jump straight into a surface mount RAM chip? A bit scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I had a bunch of unused 40-pin RAMs in my junk box that I thought I could use until I counted the pins.
But I also had some old RAM modules with those 42 pin ICs on it so it should be good anyway.

For the digital logic, it should be simple enough if you venture into CPLD/PAL/etc territory, but then it will throw off many regular users who do not have the equipment to program these chips. But if someone is making a bunch of PCBs, they could also supply a pre-programmed IC along with it.
Yeah, good point, a little CPLD could do the job. I guess somebody else can edit my board and make a 40pin variant if they want.

---

So it turns out 1.2 kickstart cannot support 1.5MB slow ram and just yellow-screens. But no problem with 1.3 or 3.1, I wonder why. Now I just need a 1MB Agnus to finish it off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170116_235224.jpg
Views:	1063
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	51725  

Page generated in 0.07419 seconds with 12 queries