View Single Post
Old 25 November 2022, 12:32   #1
roondar

Dual Layer Graphics example + source

Ever since making the Free Form Sprite Layer example a few years ago, I've been wanting to have another go at creating a dual layer screen on my A500 without using Dual Playfield mode. I eventually ended up with two ideas floating around in my head and decided that the best way to deal with these ideas was to turn them into my next video/article.

For comparison, I also added the standard repeating pattern Sprite background as used in several games. All in all, I ended up with an example program that shows three different ways of creating a dual layer screen.

As always, I've included the full source code and a download of the program itself on my website. Note that my example uses the startup code by Photon of Scoopex, a random number generator I found on EAB, written by Meynaf and uses tiles ripped from Turrican II. It requires at least 1MB of RAM (of which 512KB Chip RAM*).

The article & source can be found here:
https://powerprograms.nl/amiga/dual-layer.html

Here's the YouTube video:
[ Show youtube player ]

*) the example uses a lot of Chip Memory because everything for all three variants is kept in memory all the time. It needs at least 420KB of free Chip RAM to run.

Page generated in 0.11019 seconds with 11 queries